(Last Revised March 4, 2013)
LifeCover.ca (the “Site”) is a public site and, as such, the material (“Site’s Content” as defined below) contained on it is intended to be used for your personal private non-commercial use only. By using the Site you acknowledge that you agree and are subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). If you do not fully agree to the following terms and conditions you may not access or otherwise use the Site. Therefore, you should read through all the Terms carefully so that you fully understand the legally binding agreement that you are making with LifeCover.ca., a partnership that is the owner of this Site and its contents.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WE ARE NOT A PARTY TO ANY INSURANCE OR OTHER TRANSACTION. We do not offer or sell any insurance or other products described on the Site. Instead, the Site acts as a venue to allow insurance companies, insurance agents and other parties who are customers of our Site (each, a "Provider") to offer for sale and sell, in a variety of formats, insurance and other authorized products to potential consumers (each, a "Prospect", and all Prospects and Providers are collectively called the Site’s "users") who have visited one of our affiliated sites and applied to receive insurance or other authorized quotations from a Provider (the "Service"). We are not involved in the actual transaction between any Prospect and any Provider even though we may, through our affiliate sites, and with each Prospect’s authorization, collect certain information (collectively, a "Lead") about any Prospect and sell such Lead to a Provider. As a result, the quality, safety or legality of the products offered by any Provider for sale, the truth or accuracy of the representations regarding such products, the ability of Providers to offer or sell such products or the ability of Prospects to pay for the products offered are solely the responsibility of each user. We are an independent contractor for all purposes. Importantly, we do not issue insurance contracts or bind coverage. We are not responsible in any way for the conduct of any Prospect or Provider. We do not endorse or recommend any companies or insurance policies. We do not provide insurance, tax, legal or any other financial advice. We do not guarantee that any of the Providers to whom we forward any Prospect's application will contact such Prospect or agree to provide the Prospect with the desired coverage. If you are a Prospect and you would like personal advice or specific policy recommendations, please consult with an insurance agent, broker or other qualified professional.
It is very important that you read and understand the next two sections.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
LIFECOVER.CA WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES THAT ACCOMPANY OR RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF ITS SITE. THESE INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY: (1) USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SITE; (2) USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) ANY SITE TO WHICH YOU HYPERLINK FROM ITS WEBSITES; (3) FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE; (4) ERROR; (5) OMISSION; (6) INTERRUPTION; (7) DEFECT; (8) DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION; (9) COMPUTER VIRUS; OR (10) LINE FAILURE. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHICH ARE DAMAGES INTENDED TO COMPENSATE SOMEONE DIRECTLY FOR A LOSS OR INJURY, DAMAGES REASONABLY EXPECTED TO RESULT FROM A LOSS OR INJURY, OR OTHER MISCELLANEOUS DAMAGES AND EXPENSES RESULTING DIRECTLY FROM A LOSS OR INJURY. FURTHERMORE, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, WE ARE NOT LIABLE EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR IF OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES-OR BOTH.
THE MATERIAL ON OUR SITES IS PROVIDED AS IS. THIS MEANS THAT LIFECOVER.CA DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ABOUT THE MATERIAL IN THE SITES. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES THAT: (1) THE MATERIAL IS OF ANY PARTICULAR LEVEL OF QUALITY OR IS FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (2) THAT THE FUNCTIONAL ELEMENTS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (3) THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; (4) THAT OUR SITES, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR CONDITIONS; OR (4) THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITES IS ACCURATE AS OF ANY PARTICULAR DATE.
Personal Use. Although we do charge a fee to Providers to purchase Leads, we do not charge users to access the public portions of our Site. Accordingly, we grant each user a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to access the Site in order to, as applicable, view or make legitimate inquiries to us regarding our Service, all in accordance with these Terms. Any other use of the Site is expressly prohibited. Importantly, this limited license does not include any right of collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Site nor any right of use of data mining, robots, spiders or similar data gathering and extraction tools without our prior written permission; provided, however, that a limited exception from the foregoing exclusion is provided to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Site, provided that they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file.
Proprietary Rights and Downloading of Information from the Site: The Site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to Canadian copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. The text, files, images, photos, maps and other materials on the Site (collectively, the "Content") are only for each user's personal use in accordance with the limited license grant contained herein or in the case of Providers also pursuant to any separate written agreement. All Content on the Site, and the Site itself, is protected by copyright and database rights, and you will abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or relating to any Content on the Site. Copying or storing of any Content other than for your personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from us or the applicable copyright holder.
Unauthorized Use:Unless otherwise provided within these Terms, or unless otherwise applicable law requires us to allow you to do so, you may not do any of the following without our prior written consent:
- Copy reproduce, upload, post, display, republish, distribute, or transmit any part of the Content in any form whatsoever;
- Reproduce any portion of the Site on your website or otherwise, using any device including, but not limited to, use of a frame or border environment around the Site, or other framing technique to enclose any portion or aspect of the Site, or mirror or replicate any portion of the Site;
- Modify, translate into any language or computer language, or create derivative works from, any Content or any part of this Site;
- Reverse engineer any part of this Site;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, or keep a database copy of the Content or any portion of the Site;
- Use the Site other than to learn about our Service and to make legitimate inquiries to us regarding our Service;
- Use the Site to create any false or fraudulent account or inquiry;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, indecent, inflammatory, sexually explicit, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or for any other purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms;
- Post or transmit any information that constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact;
- Use or access the Site in any way that, in our sole discretion, adversely affects the performance or function of the Site or any other computer systems or networks used by us or the Site, or infringes on our copyright or any copyright of our Providers;
- Violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark or patent rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary rights;
- Upload or transmit to the Site or use in connection with the Site any device, software or routine that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere or attempt to interfere with, or in any way intercept the normal operation of the Site, or appropriate the Site or any system, or take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our computer equipment, or any action that infringes upon the rights of any third party;
- Disguise the origin of any information or inquiry transmitted through the Site.
It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any opinions, advice, services or other information that is provided on this site. All the information contained on LifeCover.ca is distributed with the understanding that the authors, publishers and distributors are not rendering legal, accounting, or other professional advice or opinions on specific matters, and accordingly we do not assume any liability whatsoever with its use. LifeCover.ca recommends that you consult with your own legal, tax or financial advisor with respect to your personal financial situation.
On our discretion, we may sometimes provide access to other world wide websites, or you may have reached our site from another site. It is important to note that we do not endorse or approve of any products or the information that is offered to you at the sites we hyperlink to, or the sites which hyperlink to us.
In providing material on our website, we do not in any way promise that the material will remain available, and we are entitled to terminate all or any part of our website at any time without any prior notice to you.
These Terms and Conditions and the agreement they create shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, as well as all federal laws, without giving effect to either’s conflict of laws principle.
In the event that any provision of this agreement is unlawful, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
LifeCover.ca retains the right to modify these Terms and Conditions of this site’s usage and the agreement they create, at any time, simply by updating this posting or the information on its website without any notice to you.
[End of Terms and Conditions of Use]